You get inspired at the same pace your heart rate goes! Yes! I promise you that….I would not have thought that a whole butternut squash (raw) placed in the oven for approximately 1 hour turns into this delicious ingredient that can be used for so many dishes. The soft squash adds life to the hummus as it sweetens it up. Inspo: Jamie Oliver
HUMMUS then slightly different
Hummus is as perfect as it comes even if it’s just a touch. Enjoy this already beautiful hummus with butternut squash to create a colorful taste palate perfect as a side dish, starter or just a tasty snack and irresistible with roasted tomatoes and thyme flatbread…
DID YOU KNOW? that oven roasted butternut squash produces a natural squash-like honey? Try it…It’s worth the experience.
- Bake butternut squash: medium to high heat oven (180 °C for 60 minutes)
- Chickpeas & sesame seeds: Heat a pan and roast/toast chickpeas with sesame seeds before mixing the hummus.
- Chop the herbs and the chilly: Chop the herbs for the hummus mix
- Mix the hummus: use food processor to mix the tahini, chickpeas and sesame seeds (toasted) squash, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice salt and pepper. Pestle and mortar also an option for more sturdy and rough bite. Bring all chopped herbs to hummus mix
- Prepare roasted tomato: slice tomatoes in very thin slices, place on a baking sheet drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic black pepper, and let roast in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Prepare thyme flatbread: cut flatbread in desired size and brush mix of extra virgin olive oil with thyme, place on baking sheet and in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- PLATE: Place hummus in the middle of your tray …circle the tomatoes and flatbread and VOILÀ!!
ENJOY…more joy with MOJOI nutrilicious plates